23-year-old patient with pigmentation on right shoulder.
Macroscopically: skin spindle with central, well demarcated, elevated, homogenous dark brown lesion, 0.5 cm in diameter
- Symmetrical neoplasia with sharp demarcation of the edges
- The epidermis has a slightly verruccal aspect.
- Note the junctional and dermal cell nests
- Evidence of melanin
- No marked cell or nuclear polymorphism, unremarkable nuclei, no elevated mitotic activity
- The neoplasia shows maturation with increasing depth (cell nests and cells grow smaller)