Premature newborn (35th week of gestation), underweight, growth retardation, microcephalus. In skull ultrasound, periventricular calcification and suspicion of periventricular necrosis is seen. Overweight placenta.
- The placental villi are developed appropriately for gestational age.
- The villous stroma contains extensive inflammatory infiltrate, consisting especially of lymphocytes and plasma cells.
- Calcification predominantly between but also within the villi
- There is no inflammatory infiltration in the chorionic plate.
- Lymphoplasmacellular placentitis caused by to congenital cytomegalovirus infection