Elderly female patient with incidental findings of demyelinated periventricular foci at autopsy.
- In the area of the dorsal tracts of spinal cord
- Demyelination which lacking the typical blue staining of cord fibres (luxol stain)
- The areas of demyelination only show individual cord fibres.
- Changes due to inflammation are not (respectively no longer) evident.. The focus is an old, burnt-out lesion of multiple sclerosis.
- There are several corpora amylacea (an additional finding without pathognomonic relevance).