36-year.old male, Kosovo-Albanian, HBs-antigen positive, Anti-HBc
positive, anti-HBe positive
Aspartate aminotransferase (AST=SGOT):80-120 IU/I (normal<40),
Alanine-aminotransferase (ALT=SGPT):80-120 IU/I (normal<40)
- Lobal structures disrupted and only partially preserved.
- Portal and periportal fibrosis with porto-portal and individual
portocentral septa (bridging necrosis and fibrosis)
- Cluster-like cirrhotic rearrangement with regenerative nodules,
which are surrounded by scar-like connective tissue.
- Momentarily mild inflammatory activity : no fresh peace-meal-necrosis
- Plenty of mosaic-like distributed milk glass cells (Shikat cells):
cytoplasm stains dark-brown- red with Orcein, sparing the nucleus.
This patient is a surface antigen positive HBV carrier. The milk-glass
aspect of the hepatocyte occurs due to the smooth endoplasmic reticulum
being filled with HBs antigen.