46-year-old female, blood in stools, endoscopy reveals a "colonic
- At the base of the peduncle of this adenoma, some normal mucosa
can be seen with small cells holding predominantly round nuclei
and containing mucosa in the cytoplasm.
- The entire circumference of the adenoma predominantly consists
of epithelium arranged in a tubular fashion containing dense, elongated
oval, larger than usual nuclei.
- The cytoplasm of the tumour cells is basophile, mainly without
- Skip lesions of dysplastic epithelium may vary from specimen to
- This dysplastic epithelium has the following hallmarks: the architecture
of the glands becomes increasingly irregular with a dos-a-dos configuration
until it resembles a cribriform structure. The epithelium consists
of multiple rows. The nuclei become increasingly polymorph.